Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Short week
I'm writing this on Wednesday because LMS is off Thursday-Monday. This week, though short, offered some good learning experiences. My co-op complimented me on my classroom management in our regular classroom from last week and I think (hope)I'm doing well. On Monday and Tuesday we spent time in the computer lab researching on a topic of the student's choice. They are writing persuasive letters to the editor and they have to find two sources on their topic. Topics ranged from school uniforms, to rules for skateboarders, to global warming and deforestation. We discussed the databases, credible sources, search terms, and then we were off. Monday was a little rough. People were getting started, I was trying to get around to all of them to approve their topics and things got a little loud and a little dicey at times. On Tuesday my co-op and I discussed computer lab classroom management and I tried to make the necessary adjustments. It went much better on Tuesday. I was able to address problems earlier and the students worked much better. My co-op said I did a good job trying to make the changes and advice he suggested. Today we didn't have regular class but we did watch the movie version of To Kill a Mockingbird. I had some problems with a few students who kept talking and picking at teach other. Eventually I moved on of the students and later another student asked if he could move. Aside from those management issues today went well. I hope that everyone has a fantastic Easter weekend. Enjoy your break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Krysten, I find that your experience on Friday reflected a similar experience I had with a class project I had my students work on. I think the greatest lesson I learned to to prompt the students as much as possible and made even given them a extra day beforehand to know and understand all the project requirements. I am glad you are having a good time at LMS. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry, Ellen I meant to put your name and my fingers got the best of me!
ReplyDelete